Kids Craft Tutorial: Valentine Heart Mobile
These cute hearts by Heather were featured on Dollar Store crafts very, very recently. They are so cute I had to drop everything and try a couple. The photos here are my takes on the project. But Heather’s look much nicer!
See the tutorial at this link.
If you aren’t signed up for Dollar Store Crafts take a couple of minutes to tour this site. There are so many useful tips & timesavers not to mention the great craft ideas!
Here is what you will need to do this craft project:
- 3 chenille stems (pipe cleaners), on hand or $1
- 18 medium-sized beads, on hand or $1
- 1/8″ ribbon or yarn, on hand or about $.50 at your local craft store
These are the instructions for what I did differently than Heather.
- The only chenille stem I could find was a red & white striped one. When I went to work with it my beads wouldn’t fit and I discovered that it was actually two stems wrapped together. So I unwrapped them and they were curly! I think it’s cute and didn’t try to straighten them.
- The first one I did only with heart shaped pony beads.
- Then I remembered I have some ladybug beads I have been panting to try in a project. The only problem is that the hole in the bead is too small for the chenille stem to go through. SO, I threaded the bead on a short piece of wire then threaded each end of the wire through the pony beads and tied the wire off by wrapping it around and around the stem. Then I bent the stems up a little so the pony beads were even with the ladybug bead. I also wired another ladybug to the point of the heart.
I really like these ornaments because you can make each one different. I am using mine as ornaments on my Valentine’s garland.
Thanks so much for reading my post. Please leave a comment so I can pay your blog a visit.
I’d love to hear your opinion on any of the craft projects I have done tutorials for.