Mini Beaded Candy Cane Earrings
Made from just seven beads these mini canes are the perfect holiday earrings for a young girl or any time you just want a hint of bling.
The real beauty of these little earrings is there are so many variations you can make – change the color – or the direction – or the length – or just make as many pairs in as different ways you can dream up! I’ve listed a few below to get you started.
- Any Color Combination: Why stick with the traditional candy cane color combinations of red & white or red & green? Candy canes now come in so many different colors so why not make a pair to coordinate with every holiday outfit!
- Any Size: Use a longer headpin and more beads for longer earrings. Use a different size bead for a more delicate or heavier look.
- Any Direction: Turn your canes upside down to make a “J” for a “Jesus Cane”. Substitute an eyepin for the headpin to give you a ready to hang loop at the “bottom” of the cane.
- Any Materials: Don’t have headpins, eyepins or the like on-hand? Simply substitute a 2 inch piece of jewelry wire. Experiment with materials to achieve different looks – acrylic or glass beads – faceted or smooth – round or square.
Why only use these cute little canes to make earrings? Like real candy canes they have a bevy of uses. I’ve listed a few below to get you started. I’d love to hear about how you’d use these beauties in your crafting this season!
- Beaded Charm Pin: “String” them as charms on a coil-less safety pin along with some beads.
- Decorate a Dollhouse For Christmas: Hang on the tree or have thempeeking out of a doll’s stockings.
- Greeting Card Embellishments & Bonus Gift: Attach a pair to a handmade greeting card with removable glue dots to serve as both!
- Decorate a Christmas Scrapbook Page: Hang them all in a row on a paper chimney to add some dimension to your page.
- Wine charms: Attach them to a wire hoop earring along with a few beads.
- Dress Up a Pillar Candle: Attach a dozen with a beaded pin made by gluing a small bead to a regular straight pin.
- Decorate a Twig Tree: Stick a twig from the garden in a rock filled container and hang some of the longer baby canes from the bare branches.
- Four 4 mm Red Beads
- Three 4 mm Green Beads
- Two 1½ Inch Headpins
- Two Fishhook Earring Wires
- Two Jump Rings
- Round Nose Pliers