Seed Packet Ornament
I found these cute seed packets on clearance for TEN CENTS at the local dollar store and just could not resist them! I really did not have an idea in mind but after a little thinking I came up with a way to use them on my seasonal garland.
Of course this would be just as easy to make the ornament with a spring or summer theme. So save those empty seed packets from the trash and up-cycle them to a new life on your seasonal wreath or tree.
- Seed Packets
- Cosmos Flower Punch
- Pinking Shears
- Glue Dots
- Hole Punch
- Empty the seeds from the packet. I am saving mine to be planted per the package direction.
- Glue the seed packet to a piece of cardstock and allow to dry.
- Cut around the packet leaving a 1/4th to 1/2 th inch border.
- Punch two holes in the top of the seed packet and attach a raffia hanger.
- Punch two cosmos flowers from contrasting cardstock.
- Glue the two punches together and attach a button to the center with a Glue Dot. Bend the petals of the upper punch up around the button.
- Attach the flower to the seed packet.