Cookie Cutters: Not Just For Cookies Anymore! Post # 23: Souvenirs & Special Occasion Reminders
Some people collect thimbles, refrigerator magnets, tee shirts or cups on vacation and buy ornaments for a special occasion (ex: baby’s first Christmas) but why not collect cookie cutters instead? With all the shapes available in stores and on-line you will be able to find that special cutter that is perfect for the occasion.
- Re-live the trip or the special day every time you make cut-out sugar cookies with that cutter!
- Use your cutter to make a “memory ornament” described in Cookie Cutters: Not Just For Cookies Anymore! Post # 10B: Ephemera Cut-out Cookies. Click on the link below to read the post.
- Use the cutter to make die cuts for your scrapbook page about your vacation as described in Cookie Cutters: Not Just For Cookies Anymore! Post # 13: Die cuts. Click on the link below to read the post.
Label the cutter on the side with a permanent marker with the occasion and date. In your “Cookie Cutter Log” journal additional detail about what the cutter represents.
- ANNUAL: Find a cookie cutter that represents the best thing to have happened in the past year: A wedding bell for a wedding in the family, a house for moving into a new home, a baby rattle for a new baby in the family, etc.
- VACATION: Find a cookie cutter shape that represents what you liked best on vacation or that represents an event that happened. For example: A bear shape for the time you saw a bear in the Smokey Mountains, a teepee for going out west, etc. I have even found one of George Washington’s profile to represent a trip to Mount Vernon! Don’t stress too much about actually buying the cutter on vacation, although it’s fun to look – try flea markets, as you can always find one on-line when you get back home and soon have it ready to make canoe cookies to celebrate the first time your child paddled a canoe!
Thank you for reading my post. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. If you have any questions or something is not clear, please let me know so that I can improve the tutorial.
Please take a moment to leave a comment and rate this post.