My Take On “Heart’s On A Stick” Via Dollar Store Crafts
I saw these hearts featured in a Dollar Store Crafts post – “15 Black & White Wedding Ideas” – and just KNEW how I was going to decorate the tables at this year’s Valentine Supper for my Wednesday’s night kid’s group at church!
I followed the link back to Rebecca’s site “As Simple As That” and found a blog filled with wonderful ideas, tips, give aways, and all kinds of tuff I can’t wait to try! These are so easy that a tutorial is really not even needed, but I will share a few tips on making these with you (below).
CONVERSATION HEARTS ON A STICK
I call my hearts “conservation” hearts because I used them as message boards to the kids and as they were to be used at a church function, I used religious messages like “God is (heart)” and Jesus (heart) u”.
This would be such a great, and cheap, way to decorate for every holiday! Stick one or three in a floral arrangement or group five together in a vintage bottle – – – turkeys, hearts, stars, shamrocks, and pumpkins galore!
This is the perfect craft for kids – and a great rainy day activity – make a bouquet of flowers for the table or for mom on Mother’s Day.
- 1 inch scrapbook letters
- Assorted heart stickers
- Buttons, assorted sizes
- Assorted valentine scrapbook paper and cardstock
- Bamboo skewers
- Glue stick
- Scissors – plain & decorative edge
- Heart shaped cookie cutters
- Assorted bottles
- Assorted trims
- Charms (for bottles)
- Transparent tape
- Use heart shaped cookie cutters of assorted sizes to trace hearts.
- Next cut around the heart in a square (cut 2 pieces).
- Glue the two pieces of paper together patterned side out ONLY at the top.
- Then cut out the hearts. Use plain or decorative edged scissors.
- If you are writing on the hearts, do it now.
- Snip the pointed end off the skewer.
- Holding up one heart apply glue to the inside of the bottom heart.
- Insert the skewer and glue the two hearts together.
- Decorate both sides of the hearts. Make these as elaborate or plain as you want.
- Allow to dry.
- Group five together and tie them LOOSELY together with raffia, yarn, etc.
- String a charm on a length of trim and tie around a bottle.
- Tape the bottom of the hearts on a stick LOOSELY together with transparent tape.
- Arrange the hearts so that some are higher than the others.
- Inset the sticks into a bottle and arrange the hearts in a pleasing manner.
Thank you for reading my post. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial. If you have any questions or something is not clear, please let me know so that I can improve the tutorial.
Please take a moment to leave a comment and rate this post.