Another Valentine Craft: Mini Valentine’s Button Grapevine Wreath
I found these darling little heart shaped buttons at Hobby Lobby the other day and just had to get them to make a couple of these wreaths.
I had made one with regular buttons and it came out super cute so I knew this one would be darling too – and it is! This was a hard craft to get good photo of – the Glitter Mod Podge creates tons of sparkles on “film”.
This can also just as easily be a Christmas or other holiday ornament. Keep an eye out for the Mardi Gras and Easter wreaths in a post coming soon.
- Mini grapevine wreaths
- Red rick-rack
- Glitter Mod Podge
- Mini glittery foam hearts
- The buttons are $1.99 a package. I bought 2 packs because I wanted to use them for several crafts.
- I had the grapevine wreaths, rick-rack, Mod Podge, and tiny white buttons on-hand.
- Attach mini hearth shaped & round buttons and mini hearts with Glitter Mod Podge and let dry. Drizzle the Mod Podge over the wreath and attach the buttons randomly.
- Suspend a couple of heart shaped mini cookie cutters with narrow white ribbon and tie on the wreath to dangle down in the center of the wreath.
- Next tie some red rick-rack on the wreath and make a bow.
- Add a couple of homemade heart shaped sugar cookies to the top of the wreath (punch a heart shape from tan craft foam and then a smaller one from white or red craft foam and glue together.).
- Display your wreaths: Suspend from a curtain rod on ribbon or fishing line. Attach a ribbon to either side and use as a curtain tie. Tie on a wreath or garland.
- Wrap the wreath with lace before gluing on vintage buttons in assorted colors.
- Use mini shells in the place of buttons. Add a gauzey gold ribbon.