Gingerbread Wooden Spoon
Gingerbread Wooden Spoon Instructions
I love wooden spoons – always have – I used to play with them all the time as a kid and now I rather stir with one than anything else!
So when I saw wooden spoons at the Dollar Tree at 4 for only a buck I just HAD to have some to see what I could come up to make with them.
And this was so super easy to make with two of my favorite crafting materials – punches and Mod Podge!
- Wooden spoon
- Mod Podge
- Gingerbread punch
- Small heart punches
- Torn fabric strip about 20 inches long
- Paint brush or cotton swab
- Ornament hanger
- Start with a wooden spoon with a short handle. Either purchase one with a short handle or cut the handle of a longer wooden spoon off and sand the top.
- Glue the paper/cardstock gingerbread punch to the back of the spoon bowl with Mod Podge. Glue the embellishments on the gingerbread man. Glue hearts in an arc above the gingerbread man.
- Paint over the punches with Mod Podge. Cover the entire back of the spoon. I used gold Glitter Mod Podge for a little glitz.
- Allow to dry and apply a second coat. Dry.
- Apply Mod Podge to the spoon handle. Wrap the fabric strips around the handle starting at the bottom. Alternate wrapping the strips in a loose criss-cross pattern. Stopping wrapping about 2 inches from the top of the spoon and tie a bow. Insert a hanger under the ribbon on the back of the spoon before you tie the bow.
Thanks for taking a look at my gingerbread craft tutorial. I’d love to hear from you!